Salsa Group Classes
Learn New York Style Salsa On 2!
CLASS STRUCTUREDays: Thursdays (start ANY Thursdays) Levels: Absolute Beginner, Beginner, Intermediate
SCHEDULE7pm – 7:20pm: Salsa Footwork 7:20pm – 8pm: Salsa Turn Patterns 8pm – 8:20pm: Mini Party (Guided Practice)
$15/class OR $50 for 4 classes
(4 class package must be used within 6 weeks)
- Arrive 15 minutes early on your 1st day to register
- No partner necessary for any classes (we rotate partners)
- Wear comfortable clothes that will allow your arms and lets to move freely.
- Wear shoes (flats or heels) with a smooth bottom. Usually dress shoes are fine. Sneakers, or other shoes with rubber on the bottom will stick to the floor and make it difficult to spin.
Intermediate Level:This class will sharpen your ability to learn quickly (using both demonstration only & demonstration with counts). First we warm up with a song while you try to learn footwork by just watching the instructor do the footwork on the spot, one 8-count at a time. Then we will learn footwork with counts & music for 25 minutes. The remaining 25-30 minutes, we will teach an intermediate level turn pattern. This class will be very challenging to all level dancers since our material comes from New York City & Houston, TX.
Advanced Level:This class will start off with challenging warm up footwork with no explanation. You must be able to do what the instructor does by simply watching and trying. Then you will learn an advanced level footwork sequence that will have syncopation, pivot turns, footwork facing backwards, direction changes, double turns, and other variations. The final 30 minutes will be spent learning an advance level turn pattern at a very fast past with minimal explanation.
WORLD SALSA CHAMPION Maritza Rodriguez
- Over 17 years of Dance and Performance Experience
- Over 14 years of Latin Dance experience
- 8 years of Teaching Latin Dance
- Maritza has taken Professional Teaching Courses
If you have any questions, please contact Salsa Maritza:(956) 457-4270