Bachata Group Classes
Days: Wednesdays (start ANY Wednesday)
Levels: Absolute Beginner, Beginner, Intermediate
7pm – 7:20pm: Dominican Footwork
7:20pm – 8pm: Sensual Patterns
8pm – 8:20pm: Mini Party (Guided Practice)
$15/class OR $50 for 4 classes
(4 class package must be used within 6 weeks)
- Arrive 15 minutes early on your 1st day to register
- No partner necessary for any classes (we rotate partners)
- Wear comfortable clothes that will allow your arms and lets to move freely.
- Wear shoes (flats or heels) with a smooth bottom. Usually dress shoes are fine. Sneakers, or other shoes with rubber on the bottom will stick to the floor and make it difficult to spin.
Absolute Beginners (classes 1-4):One instructor will teach the first 2 classes, then you will graduate to the 2nd instructor for your 3rd and 4th class. Once you have completed 4 classes, we will create a next level class on Sundays at 5pm.
- –Bachata Topics: basic step, right & left turns for men & ladies, right & left turn combinations
Beginners (classes 5-8):These 4 classes are designed to teach you the remaining techniques that will prepare you for the Intermediate class.
- –Bachata Topics: cross body lead, pivot turns, double handed turns, hammerlocks, hand tosses, head rolls, body rolls, urban movement, styling
IntermediateThis class will come with a fun, new pattern every week that will allow you to apply the fundamentals learned in previous level classes in a COOLER WAY! Dancers in this class must already have a working knowledge of all the topics listed in the previous level classes.
WORLD SALSA CHAMPION Maritza Rodriguez
- Over 17 years of Dance and Performance Experience
- Over 14 years of Latin Dance experience
- 8 years of Teaching Latin Dance
- Maritza has taken Professional Teaching Courses